Calling racers and couch potatoes alike! The semi-annual 1K Wine & Beer Walk is around the corner so you better start training! Pass the start line and sip your way along the race course, stopping at “Wine” and “Beer” hydration stations along the course. Sample 20+ wines or 20+ beers we’ll be pouring for your racing pleasure, and end at a giant dance party! Wine and Beer both are being served in EVERY room.
New this year: due to popular requests, we are combining the 1K Wine and Beer Walk together so folks can attend in groups and choose either wine or beer tasting option. more details here. Also, event takes place on Saturday ONLY…no Sunday race will take place.
Join us for DC and Northern VA’s most unusual wine and beer indoor wine and beer tasting/sporting event/dance party!
How does the 1K Wine & Beer Work
- Buy either a 1K Wine Passport or a 1K Beer Passport! (link for tickets below)
- You will pick a heat start time from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Remember we stop serving at 6:30 PM and some earlier stations may close at 6:00 PM – watch for closing times at the various stations.
- You will sample 16 different and unique wines or beer (only ONE single taste of each wine or beer depending on which Passport you purchase) – list be be posted early 2014. You will have a tasting passport that will be marked as you try the various wines and beers. Please NOTE – EVERY Room has both Wine and Beer being served so you can walk with folks who choose other wine or beer option
- You will have 5 bonus tastes to try a selection of wines or beers that are keeping as a surprise. This added variety will allow you to taste four additional offerings that are different than on the tasting card. This brings the total number of tastings to 21!
- There will be some Crystal City area Restaurants offering food tastes options on your Passport as well. A few water stations to keep you hydrated and in tip top shape. All included in your purchase.
- Entire event takes place indoors in the Shops at Crystal City.
- Last station will have a live DJ spinning tunes while you taste. Extra wine and beer taste tables will be in this room as well.
List of Wines and Beers available for tasting at this 1K Wine & Beer Walk
|Wine Passport List||Beer Passport List|
|Wine Passport List||Beer Passport List|
|Lawson's Dry Hills Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand||Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager, Virginia|
|Adelsheim Pinot Gris, Oregon||De Halve Maan Brewing brugse Zot, Belgium|
|Chateau Valmer Vouvray (Chenin Blanc), Loire Valley, France||Leffe Blond, Belgium|
|Martin Ray Chardonnay, Russian River, California||Ommegang Rare Vos|
|Whitehall Viognier, White Hall, Virginia||3 Brothers Hoptimization|
|Kuhl Kabinett Riesling, Germany||Devil's Backbone Pumpkin Hunter, VIrginia|
|Le Figuier Rose, France||Bavik Belgian Premium Lager|
|Tortoise Creek Pinot Noir Les Olivier, France||Port City Optimal Wit, Alexandria, VA|
|Chateau Roustaing Bordeaux, France||Tupper's Hop Pocket Ale|
|Tournon Shiraz Mathilda, Australia||Crabbie's Ginger Beer|
|Yali Cabernet Sauvignon Carmenere, Chile||Crystal City Wine Shop - Ursula's Cider Pick!|
|Santa Julia Malbec Reserva, Argentina||Sweetwater 420|
|Ox-Eye Cabernet Franc, Virginia||Pabst Blue Ribbon (Just Kidding...surprise beer!)|
|Bodegas Volver Monastrell Tarima Hill, Spain||Fort Collins Brewery Red Banshee|
|Jason Stephens Merlot, California||Mother Earth Dark Cloud Dunkel|
|Heinz Eiffel Dornfelder Shine Sweet Red - Rheinhessen, Germany||DuClaw Sweet Baby Jesus Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter|
|6 surprise wines or beers for bonus tastes available in Station 10||6 surprise wines or beers for bonus tastes available in Station 10|
Pick a heat on the hour from 2:00 – 5:00 PM – and don’t wait! Each heat has a limited capacity so buy one for your friend so you can go together!
This event always sells out so don’t wait!
Please pay attention to which button below you select one is BEER and one is WINE. And, if you choose the Mobile Phone Delivery option – you will be prompted to create a Walletini App with a User Name and Password to access your tickets on your phone. If you do not wish to do this – choose Print at Home and bring your printed ticket to the Registration Area.
1K Wine Walk – Wine Passport – Saturday, March 1, 2014. Only $40 + $3.50 Service fee
1K Beer Walk – Beer Passport – Saturday, March 1, 2014. Only $40 + $3.50 Service fee
Get real-time transportation information such as when the next bus or Metro train arrives near the event in Crystal City from our partner Car-Free Diet.