Calling racers and couch potatoes alike! The semi-annual 1K Wine & Beer Walk is around the corner so you better start training! Pass the start line and sip your way along the race course, stopping at “Wine” and “Beer” hydration stations along the course. Sample 20+ wines or 20+ beers we’ll be pouring for your racing pleasure, and end at a giant dance party! Wine and Beer both are being served in EVERY room.
New this year: due to popular requests, we are combining the 1K Wine and Beer Walk together so folks can attend in groups and choose either wine or beer tasting option. more details here. Also, event takes place on Saturday ONLY…no Sunday race will take place.
Join us for DC and Northern VA’s most unusual wine and beer indoor wine and beer tasting/sporting event/dance party!
How does the 1K Wine & Beer Work
- Buy either a 1K Wine Passport or a 1K Beer Passport! (link for tickets below)
- You will pick a heat start time from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Remember we stop serving at 6:30 PM and some earlier stations may close at 6:00 PM – watch for closing times at the various stations.
- You will sample 16 different and unique wines or beer (only ONE single taste of each wine or beer depending on which Passport you purchase) – list be be posted early 2014. You will have a tasting passport that will be marked as you try the various wines and beers. Please NOTE – EVERY Room has both Wine and Beer being served so you can walk with folks who choose other wine or beer option
- You will have 5 bonus tastes to try a selection of wines or beers that are keeping as a surprise. This added variety will allow you to taste four additional offerings that are different than on the tasting card. This brings the total number of tastings to 21!
- There will be some Crystal City area Restaurants offering food tastes options on your Passport as well. A few water stations to keep you hydrated and in tip top shape. All included in your purchase.
- Entire event takes place indoors in the Shops at Crystal City.
- Last station will have a live DJ spinning tunes while you taste. Extra wine and beer taste tables will be in this room as well.
List of Wines and Beers available for tasting at this 1K Wine & Beer Walk
|Wine Passport List||Beer Passport List|
|Wine Passport List||Beer Passport List|
|We will have a selection of white and red wines from all around the world representing different wine styles and varietals. These wines are available for purchase or order at the Crystal City Wine Shop.||We will have a selection of real craft beers from all around the world representing different beer styles. These beers are available for purchase or order at the Crystal City Wine Shop.|
|* Wines to be served at the event:||*Beers to be served at the event:|
|Maison Legrand Sauvignon Blanc, France||Crispin Cider Original Cider|
|Prado Rey Verdejo/Sauvigon Blanc, Spain||Avery Brewing Joe's Premium American Pilsner|
|Anton Bauer Gruner Veltliner, Austria||Devils Backbone Vienna Lager|
|Santa Barbara Verdicchio, Italy||Allagash White|
|San Cipriano Pinot Grigio , Italy||Bell's Lager of the Lakes|
|Tarara Winery Charval, Virginia||Dogfish Head Namaste|
|Cantina di Gambellara i Basalti Soave, Italy||Butternuts Heinnieweisse Farmhouse Ale|
|Chateau de la Chesnaie Muscadet, France||Port City Brewing - Essential Pale Ale|
|Heinz Eifel Riesling, Germany||Hardywood Singel|
|Firestone Vineyard Gewurtraminer, California||Evolution Exile Red Ale|
|Cielo Prosecco , Italy||Heavy Seas Small Craft Warning Uber Pils|
|Josephine Dubois Pinot Noir, France||Old Ox Brewery Golden Ox|
|Charles Brotte Grand Vallon Syrah, France||Lost Rhino Bone Dusters|
|Chateau La Cardonne Bordeaux, France||Lost Rhino Final Glide Hefeweizen|
|Santa Luz Alba Carmenere, Chile||Old Ox Brewing Black Ox|
|Ken Forrester Petit Pinotage, South Africa||Parallel 49 Filthy Dirty IPA|
|Lionel Osmin Pied de Perdrix Partridge Foot, France||Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro|
|Tierra de Gaucho Malbec, Argentina||Crabbie's Ginger Beer|
|Garriguella Dinarells Tinto, Spain||Well's Banana Bread Beer|
|Bulletin Place Shiraz, Australia||Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Stout|
|Torrebruna Sangiovese, Italy||Old Ox Brewery Black Ox|
|Lopez de Haro Tempranillo||Yards Brewing Love Stout|
|Paul D. Zweigelt, Austria||DuClaw Sweet Baby Jesus|
|Chrysalis Vineyard Norton, Virginia||Adriot Theory Lux|
|Tortoise Creek Zinfandel, California||Adriot Theory Tenebris|
|* Note: Wines subject to change based on availability at the time we order for the event.||* Note: Beers subject to change based on availability at the time we order for the event.|
Pick a heat on the hour from 2:00 – 5:00 PM – and don’t wait! Each heat has a limited capacity so buy one for your friend so you can go together!
This event always sells out so don’t wait!
Please pay attention to which button below you select one is BEER and one is WINE. And, if you choose the Mobile Phone Delivery option – you will be prompted to create a Walletini App with a User Name and Password to access your tickets on your phone. If you do not wish to do this – choose Print at Home and bring your printed ticket to the Registration Area.
1K Wine Walk – Wine Passport – Saturday, March 1, 2014. Only $40 + $3.50 Service fee
1K Beer Walk – Beer Passport – Saturday, March 1, 2014. Only $40 + $3.50 Service fee
Get real-time transportation information such as when the next bus or Metro train arrives near the event in Crystal City from our partner Car-Free Diet.